The new Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Days Automatic Titanio is strong and reliable, and it is equipped with functions which are vital not only for an exceptional explorer like Mike Horn but also for any traveller or lover of nature. Water-resistant to a depth of 300 metres and with a rotating bezel for measuring the time of immersion, the new Special Edition created by the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel is also extremely tough thanks to its solid case (47 mm in diameter) made of brushed titanium, an extremely resistant, hypoallergenic material which is very much lighter than steel.
On the midnight blue dial, with applied hour marker dots coated with Super- LumiNova®, the sports character of the watch is enhanced by the inscription POLE2POLE, printed in yellow and matching the second time zone hand and the small seconds dial at 9 o’clock.
Engraved on the back are the logo of the expedition – which consists of two animals symbolising the two poles, the polar bear and the penguin – and Mike Horn’s signature.
Unique edition of 500 units
- Movement: Automatic mechanical, Panerai P.9001 calibre, executed entirely by Panerai, 13¾ lignes, 7.9 mm thick, 29 jewels, Glucydur® balance, 28,800 alternations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 3 days, two barrels. 229 components.
- Functions: Hours, Minutes, Small Seconds, Date, GMT, Power Reserve Indicator on the back, Seconds Reset
- Case: Diameter 47mm, brushed titanium
- Bezel: Brushed titanium with polished edges. Anti - clockwise rotating bezel with graduated scale
- Back: Screw, titanium
- Device protecting the crown: (Protected as a trademark) Brushed Titanium
- Dial: Blue with luminous Arabic numerals and dots. Date at 3 o’clock, seconds at 9 o’clock.
- Crystal: Sapphire crystal formed of corundum
- Water-resistance: 30 bar (~300 metres)
- Strap: Caoutchouc Accordeon, STD, 26/22 BA, Luminor 47mm
- Buckle: Trapezoidal Brushed Titanium, 22mm, Luminor 44-47 mm, Radiomir 45-47-48 mm and Radiomir 1940 47 mm
- Reference: PAM00719